- What Types of Information Do We Collect Through the Site?
How Does GREER Use the Information It Collects?
PII. We may use the PII that we collect for any or all of the following purposes:
- Fulfillment of Requests. We may use PII about you to fulfill your requests, such as to send you information for the All-Points Allergy program.
- Administrative Communications. We may use your PII to send you important information, such as changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important, you may not opt out of receiving such communications.
- Other Communications. We may use your PII to inform you of products, programs, services and surveys that we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving such communications, as described in Section 4 (“Choices”) below.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may also use PII about you for our internal business purposes, such as data and Site usage analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the design and functionality of the Site, improving our services, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
- Other Information. We use non-PII to help us improve the Site, such as by analyzing Site visitor trends, including usage of certain pages or functions on the Site. We may also use non-PII for other purposes, but if any such use involved combining the non-PII with any data so that it became identifiable to you or another person, we would then treat it as PII in accordance with this Policy.
- PII. We may use the PII that we collect for any or all of the following purposes:
With Whom Does GREER Share PII Collected Through the Site?
- Operational Partners and Third Party Service Providers. We may share PII with unaffiliated third parties who provide us with services, such as the designer of the Site and others who assist us with technology, data analysis, or similar services. We do not share PII with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes.
- Acquirers or Assignees. In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of GREER or its assets, we may transfer any and all information that we collect from Site users to the acquiring party or assignee.
How Can You Manage PII That We Maintain?
- Updating or Correcting PII. Consumers (patients): If you would like to correct or update PII you previously provided to us when enrolling in the All-Points Allergy program, you may submit a new enrollment form at any time. You may also unsubscribe from future communications through this Site. Healthcare professionals: To correct, remove or update PII you previously provided, please contact GREER as directed in Section 9 below (“Contacting Us”). For your protection, we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Please note that we are not responsible for correcting, updating or deleting any information in the databases of third parties.
How Does GREER Protect and Maintain PII Collected Through the Site?
- Security. We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. You should be mindful of security risks whenever you electronically transmit information you consider confidential.
- Data Integrity and Retention. We will retain PII about you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy or GREER’s data retention policies unless a longer retention period is required by law.
- Collection of PII by Others Through Our Site. We do not allow others to collect the PII of visitors to our Site by tracking the usage of either our Site or other websites.
- Use of the Site by Children. This Site is not directed to children under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect PII from any children under age 13. If you are under age 13, please do not submit any PII to us.
- International Transfers of Information. By using the Site, you are deemed to understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of your PII in the United States, with the awareness that the laws of the United States may not provide as much protection for PII as the laws of certain other countries or territories.
The information we collect through the Site includes “Personally Identifiable Information” (or “PII”), which is information that identifies you personally, such as your first and last name, postal address, email address, date of birth, and telephone number. We collect this information when you voluntarily provide it to us, such as when you enroll in the All-Points Allergy™ program or send us an e-mail containing personal information, including your e-mail address.
The Site also automatically collects information about you that is not PII but relates to your use of the Site. Non-PII is aggregated information, demographic information and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity. Non-PII is “passively” collected from you through browser navigational tools, such as cookies, that identify you only by your IP address -- the Internet Protocol address of the computer that you use to access the Site. These types of technologies enable the Site to compile statistics about our daily number of Site visitors or specific page requests. We track usage patterns on our Web site and break down overall usage statistics according to a user's domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user's browser).
A cookie is a small data file that a Web site transfers to a user’s hard drive when a user visits the Web site. A cookie file can contain information such as a unique ID that the site uses to track the pages visited. You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject all cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it. However, refusing a cookie may in some cases preclude you from using, or negatively affect the display or function of, the Site or certain areas or features of the Site. To learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
By using the Site, you are deemed to unambiguously agree to its use of any cookies that you do not disable.
- By e-mail: info@GREERlabs.com
- By phone: 800.378.3906 (between 8:30 am and 5:00 pm EST)
- By mail: GREER Laboratories, Inc. PO Box 800 Lenoir, NC 28645